The Brooklyn Latin School Parent Association
Dear TBLS Parents and Guardians,
Please be sure it's on your calendar!
· This is your opportunity to hear the latest on how the school year is going, school reopening discussions, work on a new school building, and much more.
· Please enter your questions here in advance for Ms. Billy-Wilkinson and TBLS leadership so that they are able to address as many questions as possible.
· Registration through Eventbrite is not required for this meeting, but you will need to register when you join Zoom through this link (this is a change since our last email to try to make participation easier). If you register in advance, it will help us know how many participants to expect. A YouTube livestream link will be provided if the Zoom meeting reaches capacity.
· The PA's executive board will propose an amendment to the PA 2020-2021 budget to add $5,000 in order to meet additional school support needs this year. You must be present (virtually, of course!) to vote on approval of the proposed budget amendment. Here is a link to the proposed budget amendment.
· Volunteers are needed for the Nominating Committee to run the May 2021 PA elections. Please plan to volunteer at Wednesday's meeting or email email@example.com for more information.
· We look forward to seeing you!
Please donate to the TBLS PA. The school's needs continue to increase during this challenging year. Please help the PA ensure that it is able to say YES when the school asks for help -- and to be sure we can meet the proposed budget increase of $5,000. So far, just 48 families (fewer than 6%) have contributed this school year. We are grateful to those families, but we know TBLS can do better. Can you help the school provide the world-class education our students are so fortunate to receive? More information on how to donate is available here.
The TBLS PA is a 501(c)(3) organization and your donation is tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law.
Please help with the TBLS PA's Spring Online Auction! If you're willing to donate to the auction, help solicit donations, or help organize the auction, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other upcoming PA events:
TBLS PA Executive Board Meeting (open to non-EB members as observers). Monday, March 1, 6-7:30pm
Parents' Night Out (join other parents and guardians for an informal discussion). Thursday, March 4, 7-8:00 pm
TBLS PA General Meeting. Wednesday, March 17, 6-7:30 pm
Here are some community announcements that you might find helpful:
The End of Week Wrap Up from the Office of Family and Community Empowerment (FACE) includes a ton of helpful information and links.
Black History Month in New York State:
The NYU School of Professional Studies (NYUSPS) Aspire Program is a 100% FREE 2-year college prep and mentoring program for high school students from underrepresented communities in New York City, who will be first-generation college students.
This is an excellent opportunity for high school Sophomores to begin preparing to apply to college and receive support over their Junior and Senior year.
You can see our program flyer here.
Priority Application Deadline: March 1, 2021
Priority Application Notification: March 16, 2021
Final Application Deadline: April 16, 2021
Final Notification: April 29, 2021
Administrative Aide, Office of Special Programs
NYU School of Professional Studies
Journalism Institute: Applications for the Robert W. Greene Summer Institute for High School Journalists at Stony Brook University’s School of Communication and Journalism are now available. Please forward this message to any students interested in journalism, media, photography, video production or writing.
Greene Summer Institute
July 18-24, 2021
If you haven't joined the PA's contact list yet, please be sure to do so through this link. And click here for a calendar of all 2020-2021 PA meetings.
Contact the TBLS Parent Association any time at email@example.com